15 December 2016

Most Wanted Dancewear | December



December's most wanted is pointe shoes.
Not a new pair of pointes, or a specific brand, make, or model but the chance to actually dance in them. You see, I am currently experiencing 'ballet-pangs' and cravings for class.

2016 has taken away my regular class and I am torn over what I still have access to. It doesn't give me the fulfillment that my old class did and yet when I do manage to attend (in between how intense work/life has been) it reminds me of how much I miss dancing and how I wish I could have a ballet class like I used to.

I miss the feel of pointe shoes and dancing on them. I miss the grace and the sense of achievement that ballet gives. I miss the strength of being a ballerina, the flexibility and the discomfort that means you are doing it right. And I miss the social side of it.

So that is December's most wanted. It's not just pointe shoes, it's having a regular ballet class to attend. 

2 comments:

  1. So do I !!
    I injured myself and stopped dancing for 5 weeks in October-November and it was sooooooo long!
    I miss ballet classes (and my pointe shoes) even if I still dance at home... it is not the same thing! Congrats on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing barre work at home but it's definitely not the same! I miss pirouettes and a long adage in the centre. Really hope it picks up in 2017!
      Thank you for your comment, and I hope your injury gets better soon!

      Delete